Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How to efficiently cut weight in 2 days!



(The Riot Police Judo Dojo & Training Facility)

The occupants of Kiwi House are currently being ravaged by some sort of stomach bug. Fortunately for me I suffered it over the weekend when there was no Judo so was back on my feet to kick off on Monday morning back into the routine.

After being sick for a couple of days I felt as weak as a newborn baby at training, which figures as when I weighed myself after training I was at an all time low of 74.2 Kilograms, down from my usual 77-79 bracket.
Feeling alot better now and putting my weight back on which is good, Lee seems to have had the worst of it and is still recovering from his bout of illness.
Not sure if it was food poisoning or a belly bug, Lee & I have been cooking chicken recently and its rather possible our hunger got in the way of it being cooked as thoroughly as it should have.
Tim has dodged a bullet having opted to place his trust in cold bento boxes when it comes to dinner and not with somanela infested chicken.



(View from the roof of our place)

I have recieved my first Judo Scholarship payment which is good news, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rick Littlewood, Dave Mair , The Auckland University Judo Club and everybody else who has helped me out. I'm doing my best to make sure I'm worth every penny. Without this, I would still be at home in NZ, training just 4/5 times a week. It just dosnt compare. Thanks again.

Of late I have been thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back, I think this trip is going to help me build alot of momentum with Judo and if I slow down when I get back and launch into a career etc I could easily lose that snowballing momentum I have going for me right now, which is what I want to avoid. We will see what happens . One thing I really want to get involved with is promoting Judo & getting more people into it in NZ, I'm thinking about developing a Judo Programme with my old High School via the Uni Judo Club which could do with a healthy injection of Cadets at the same time. Food for thought anyway.

Training is going great, things are clicking, things are working, and I'm learning and adapting all the time and my conditioning & power is currently the best its been in my whole life X100. Its a great feeling, of course there are days when NOTHING works and you get smashed but its just perseverence. Everyone has a bad day at the office.



(Haha, thats one way to get around.)

We have all been avidly watching the Football World Cup over the last few days, right now the All Whites are playing. Bad news is that the ONLY GAME that the Japanese broadcasters decided not to play on T.V is this one. I would venture to suggest it is because Japan is in victory mode having won their first game last night and thus are playing replay clips of their win as opposed to the All Whites WorldCup debut.
Sorry guys, we tried.

All for now,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment