Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Highlights

Sorry to all for being slow to update over the last week, have been busy and also not a whole lot of interesting things have happened around here out of the usual routine.

The weeks highlights being:

*Accidently running over a snake on my way to Judo along the side of the river, I wasnt paying attention and only noticed it when it hissed and lunged at me from under my bike. For the record it was not toxic and the snake was unharmed in the making on this ancidote.

*Us all turning up to Rits for training on Monday, without being aware it was a rest day for them, Lee and I noticed no one was there but Tim had allready gotten changed into his Gi and came marching out ready for Judo. Was funnier as a whole lot of people laughed and advised him no judo today.

*Tim crashing his bike at an intersection with a young school kid, Tim falling to the ground in a heap with his bike in slow motion. Both parties where uninjured.

*Lee is currently working doing filing work for Aoki San

*I have a bad cold/flu today, not sure how I managed to get one in super hott kyoto..

*The Ritsumeikan Judo team leave for Tokyo on Friday for the All Japan Teams, I hope they go well and they probably will.

My body is still holding up surprisingly well, its very sore and tender but it still works the way its supposed to so no complaints there.
I'm happy I'm here and not in NZ, since the weather there is supposedly super cold right now, if I'm lucky I'm going to entirely skip winter this year.

I found a new cheap local eatery where you buy a ticket from a vending machine which you then give to the staff who will then make the corresponding dish/dishes. Its cheap-as and fulling. I got myself a large curry, Bowl of rice and egg, Miso Soup, Chicken cutlets, small pudding and a bit of fish for around 900 Yen (10 Dollars NZ) Great deal, would trade again.

My mate Richie has just started Judo at the AK/Uni club back home aswell, he seems to be enjoying it so far - so if you see him on the mat please go out of your way to smash him extra hard :) He's my second mate to have started Judo recently, with Tom having started about 2 months ago, Richies number 1 goal right now being to beat Tom.
He's off to buy his first crisp whitebelt from AMAS (Auckland Martial Art Supplies) who are famed for their extra-ordinary customer service.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hugo Dewar from Wellington Judo has been awarded an A Level Judo Scholarship by Sensei Rick Littlewoord & The Auckland University Judo Club for $6,000 NZD's to live and train with us here in Kyoto (Same deal as Lee & I's). He should be arriving sometime in the next 2 weeks so if you see him around please congratulate him with a friendly ( or not so friendly) choke, strangle, arm-bar or throw.





J

No comments:

Post a Comment