Friday, July 16, 2010

Week in Review

Rainy season finally ended just yesterday, suddenly seeing alot more mamals around the town, riding home yesterday from Judo with Lee we spotted ourselves an Otter hooning around the river at top speeed, saw another Snake (poison brown) slithering about, another Otter by the river at nighttime, he was just kicking back on the land with Tim & I.
So I get home after this eventfull day and park my bike and what do I see, nothing other than a Tanuki *the namesake of Sensei Ricks restaurant* playing around our bikes. We have a tense standoff for a minute then it pounds away into our garden and disapears. Tanuki are more or less a mix of a raccoon and a dog with a splash of badger. Very cute, very cuddly but also very strong , brave and aggresive if circumstances permit.




(Tanuki Above)



(Typical Tanuki goodluck Statue, have one at home in NZ)


On Thursday this week did a really hard training, went really well. I did about 9 rounds of Standup Sparring at Kidotai and then another 10 in a row at Enshin Dojo, went really well my fitness is right up there but I nailed my knee a bit at Enshin and only noticed when I got home it hurts to turn it side to side, wheras straight movements are ok. Suspect its a medial ligament strain, will have it looked at in 20 minutes by an expert and should be fine for the new week all going to plan. Also had someone accidenlty attempt to break my arm off with a strong Juji (armbar, I didnt even have a second to submit!) its very tender now and a bit strained at the elbow but it only popped once before I managed to wrench it out. Its not broken so should also be ok come Monday.

Training wise I'm foccussing ony getting my offence, grip fighting and endurance up and up so I'm good for the training camp. Its a Night and half long ferry trip there plus 3 hours by train - the very south of Japan around Kyushu is the destination.


This coming evening Sensei Rick & us are taking Aoki San to an English Pub which will be a nice change, good time to relax and talk Judo of course...what else do people talk about?>!

Still waiting on Lee to upload those pictures, but should be done tomorow so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment