Thursday, July 22, 2010

More complaining

Its too hott!!!

34 Degrees, wearing a double weave Judo gi - going through 10 rounds of randori/sparring. Apparantly I should be happy though as winter is supposedly 10X worse.

Back to fullintensity fighting after doing a medial strain that made me sideline a bit for 4 days or so, now getting back into it after testing the water and finding it ok again. Elbow feeling a bit better now after someones over enthusiastic Juji/arm bar.
Perhaps as revenge for the recent less than flattering video of Sensei Rick showing his technological prowess, we are now expected to go for a run along the river in full Judo gi after Judo while he films it for the infamous Judokong.com unfortunately said video is likely ever to see the light of day as it would result in mutiny at shimei hall.

Training camp is getting closer, just a couple of weeks away. Looking forward to it even though I'm going to be gunning it lone wolf due to everyone else being pansies/having to leave Japan for the OJU's in Aussie. I'm just a bit bitter.
It's taking place in Kyushu - the southern most part of Honshu, the mainland of Japan. Also the hottest part. Woo.

Got another new haircut down the road for the summer months, I asked for a Budo haircut, and I got one. End of story.


Aside from the heat and other pains in the ass, I'm feeling confident about training. Probably because I'm at current reading Lance Armstrongs 'Not about the bike' pretty inspiring read. I give it a 4.3/5 with the .7 deducted for lack of pictures to make it easy for someone whos been thrown on his head 100 times recently to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment