Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last Day

Today's my last day home in NZ, getting pretty exited about heading off tomorow at 0600, not so enthused about the time of departure though.

Was really hoping to ahve a relaxing day today, but when you dont pack earlier this dosn't eventuate it would seem, so I have spent the morning doing ironing and packing then embarked on a 4 hour quest to find a suitable power adapter for Japan - which is nigh impossible if you use 3 pronged ( earthed ) appliances which 99% of kiwis do? The makers of the power adapters are of the belief that we all use only 2 pronged plugs which caused me a bit of grief. I eventually found one hidden in the back corner of a dirty hovel of a shop next to Mt Eden Prison.


Had a go at telling my dogs that I'm off for a long time and to be good etc, I don't know if they exactly understood me but Molly kinda yawned and wagged her tail so maybe??

I was also asked to provide a Photo of myself for a part-time teaching job I applied for in Kyoto, so I suited up and took an ace picture with my webcam, I was initially of the opinion I looked quite dashing but they havn't replied yet so perhaps I looked like a dick..

I told my mates I was off tomorow of this they were aparantly unaware, I neglected to tell them my departure date due to all thats going on. Hopefully will see a couple of them before I go.

Being the enterprising man I am, I have aquired some Kiwi token's along the lines of Lapel Pins, Little furry Kiwi's playing rugby, Little NZ flags, plastic greenstone etc. I rekon I will be able to sell them for between 1000-5000 Y apiece depending on the item. I will of course gift a few of them to people that help and train with me for the purpose of increasing demand.

Better ring Jetstar and confirm the flight as it never hurts to check, I suppose the next time I will update this is when I'm in JPN or perhaps at Queensland Int just to kill sometime, who knows.

Till then.


J

No comments:

Post a Comment