Thursday, April 29, 2010

Here

Finally here.

Not a big fan of flying fullstop but flying Jetstar really takes any pleasure that I may have gleamed from flying at all, no food unless you pay for it - yeah I get it theyr a budget carrier but even if you buy food it sucks and the way they write about it in the inflight magazine you would be lead to believe its some culinary master piece, bollloocks.

Apart from the and entertainment package sucking, the flight was Ok exept the plane broke down during the aussie stop over so we had to wait 2 hours while they did quick fix. Not comfortable with that...

I Started thinking about what if the plane crashed what would I do etc so while pondering this I just casually turn around to see if the person sitting behind me is a hott chick. Wrong. Its John Locke from Lost, seriously this guy looked exactly the same (bald & white wearing khakis) and had a crutch for a broken leg. prood enough for me.

Arriving at Kansai Int airport is pretty cool actually, its the worlds biggest man made island and the airport is so awesomely large that it even has its own train system going between departures and customs etc. So cool. 10/10
I was wearing a Judo shirt and the guy at customs thought it was really cool and made some sorta Judo grip fighting motions with his hands, I did it back but then he just ignored me. Caught the bus from Osaka to Kyoto then got a taxi to my Backpackers, the taxi ride was surprisingly difficult as the taxi drive couldnt read a map and had to ask the police for help :S

The place im staying at has free internet which is cool, I'm happy I brought my laptop along with me now but its running low on juice and my adapters arent correct so will need to sort that out tomorow when I see Rick, will also hopefully train at Kyoto Uni Judo club.

I have seen 1 other white person here since leaving the airport, it was this brunette girl riding a bike by the uni, it was so unexpected! I thought she was a Japanese untill she stopped and stared at me aswell at point blank range. It's funny because I allways think I see a European from the back (Orange, blonde, brown hair) then theyr turn around and its a Japanese guy or girl with died hair.

The cool thing here is that theres a 7/11 literally for every street, its like a dairy X2. They have some really interesting products like a fish gingerbread man with a real fish head for the head and eyeball buttons for an example. that was weird even by Japanese standards though.

Really tired after about 34 hours with no sleep so will catch some Z's now and hopefully have more weird things to write about tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment