Friday, April 30, 2010

Home

After being here for 2 days now I'm starting to get the run of things, I managed to meet up with Rick after getting lost for a while downtown but my superior instinctual sense of direction got me there eventually.

I have rented a bike now which makes this place a whole new world to me, I can get accross the whole city in around 20 minutes easily, riding a bike around here is pretty fun you you just hoon along at top speed ringing your bell at everyone who gets in the way - unfortunatly my bell dosnt work so I go for a more vocal approach.

Iv had some great luck accomodation-wise; Yesterday I went with Rick & Yumiko(his wife) to visit the builders of his new house for some reason or another and they invited us up for a cup of tea & a chat, while they all exchanged conversation in rapid fire Japanese I sat there smiling being patient, being as observant as possible. Due to my diligent observations I noticed that they were all regularily pointing at me as they chatted and I began to worry what I had done wrong, have I offended them?

Quite the contrary, the President of the Company - Master Nakamura invited me to see the upstairs of his house. I accepted this proposal thinking he had something cool to show me like a samurai sword. I was most suprised when he showed my to a large, master bedroom and started showing me around the features ( bath room ensuite, toilet ensuite, Sauna ensuite!!) and I agreed that this was a very nice room. In fact it's not just nice its palacial.

When I renturned to downstairs to the table he conversed with Rick for a moment, who also appeared suprised and quickly translated that I have been invited my Mr Nakamura to stay in the spare room he had shown me, that is if I found it ok.
I of course, accepted and conveyed my appreciation.

This suprising turn of events makes everything 100x easier as i dont have to keep shelling out to pay for backpackers etc.
While writing this I just received a call from Aoki, the vice president of the company who said they would like me to arrive at 11am to move in, it is 1014 now so i had better get going now infact.

I have a cellphone now, for only 10,000 Y and it also has a flash TV built into it & a high quality camera so hopefully I will get some great shots of the place when i get there.


J

No comments:

Post a Comment