Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lame Month



****INCOMING WINGE***



Well, finally doing another update haha.

This month since getting back from training camp has been relatively stink, training hard but had a mishap a few days ago which has caused a fair deal of stress for me and my family, fortunately things look like its going to work out - thank god I decided to get travel insurance at the last moment.

The Kidotai arent training too hard right now as this friday they have the All Japan Police Games so are preparing for that via light light light training, which is understandable. Ritsumeikan have been out of Kyoto but on thursday are back to normal schedule which is good news. so last week and this week have been only about 8 judo sessions for the week which isnt really what I'm after but enough not to complain, hopefully can push at 10-12 next week if everythings back on schedule again.

Went to Daishin Dojo in Osaka to see Matsuura Sensei and enter into the Shodan Shiaii offially, which is exiting so I have that very soon, plus another 3 competitions over the next couple of months so thats at least something to be a bit more positive about. There was a big photo on the wall at Daishin Dojo of my uncle Chris and Aunty Loretta with Matsuura Sensei and his wife when they signed the Osaka Kiwi Club Judo Exchange programme up - so that was really unexpected but quite cool, funnily I dont think Chris is aware that I'm over here at all. Also Matsuura Sensei knows of my father as he had a name board made up through Pops.


Little bit hopesick this last couple of weeks but thats just because a few things have gone wrong, I'm sure when things pick up for me I'll be sweet as again.
Mum went along to Auckland Uni Open day on my behalf to investigate the bachelor in physical education - Looking forward to starting that up eventually, Uni students get awesome holidays which I can use to train over here for 3-4 month stints plus short days so I can try and get double trainings in back in Auckland plus time in gym.

Actually on a lighter note so I dont come accross too negative and mopey; Some of my techniques are coming along alot better now thanks to a few pointers Kasuga Sensei gave me at training camp so getting better execution, and my Newaza has bounced up a notch with some new tricks up my sleeze but mostly a more solid general game and clean basics.


: )

No comments:

Post a Comment